We would not hesitate to recommend Rob and Clearwater Safety Solutions to anyone seeking clarity in a sea of contradictions which can be health and safety!

Ann Guy, Ouse Valley Foods


Most events that take place on public land will need a Licence from the Local Authority. Before the Local Authority grants the licence it will need to make sure that the organisers of the event have done enough to ensure the safety of all those who will attend it.

Safety Advisory Group (SAG)

The Local Authority will often have a committee called a Safety Advisory Group to help them. This Group is always made up of the Emergency Services, with extra input as needed from Environmental Health Officers, the event organisers, local residents’ groups and any other relevant parties.

Clearwater Events can work for the organisers to advise them on a range of issues they will need to consider before they approach the licencing committee.

You may need to consider:

  • Will alcohol be sold – is that licence arranged, who is the responsible person
  • Will you have security guards – do they need to be SIA trained
  • How many toilets will you need/where will you put them/ how often will they be cleaned
  • Have you thought about local traffic or parking, will you need marshals

The list goes on. Clearwater Events can help. We use the information in the Guidance booklets the
Green Guide and Purple Guide to make sure we are giving you the information you need to get your
licence and have a successful day.